A feast for the senses, a paradise for the soul
Located in Bowling Green, between the characteristic wetlands of the heart of Florida, and in the surroundings of Paynes Creek State Historical Park, this luxurious complex is characterized by being spread out on an immense terrain where decades ago there was an important phosphate mine, resulting in spectacular conditions in its sandy soil for the development of local flora and fauna, offering guests a pure and unique contact with nature.
Developed by the creators of Bandon Dunes, Streamsong guarantees an unrivaled golf experience in Florida. His planning in detail, achieved that at no time the golfer intersects with other golfers or can see buildings from anywhere on the golf course. This has managed to generate that unique sensation of “getting lost in the middle of nature” difficult to explain with words, to the point that if the golfer arrived blindfolded, he would have no way of guessing where he is. In line with this, the Resort decided that should be walking courses and with caddies (cars are only available in the few summer months with overwhelming heat).
Three renowned architects were recruited for their three courses: Tom Doak (of Renaissance Golf Design), Bill Core and Ben Crenshaw, and Gil Hanse were in charge of the construction of three world golf masterpieces, Streamsong Blue, Streamsong Red and Streamsong Black, considered among the 100 best golf courses in the USA, and top 6 in Florida.
Destined for golf greatness
- Fun and original layout created by Renaissance Golf Design’s renowned architect Tom Doak—find: spacious fairways, multiple elevation changes, wild grasses and deep-water ponds, and huge bunkers next to sand dunes
- Enjoy every step of your round playing here, perhaps this is why Steamsong Blue is ranked TOP 10 in Florida state.
- Streamsong Red is like nothing you have ever played, an 18-hole masterpiece with Bermuda grass fairways, decade old sand dunes from a former phosphate mine, lakes, and natural bunkers.
- Best ranked course at Streamsong resort, recognized as TOP 3 in Florida state. This Core-Crenshaw masterpiece design is known for its unevenness, varied distance, greens in many shapes.
- This is the last of the 3 courses at Streamsong, brought to life in 2017 by renowned designer Gil Hanse featuring a challenging layout with huge, firm and fast greens.
The modern "estate of the art" building summarizes the most modern architecture with 3 predominant elements: concrete, glass and wood. In a place where every detail has been thought out, the hotel is set up so that it is not visible from anywhere on the 3 golf courses. Each room has a spacious bathroom, luxurious sheets, a private living room, two Led TVs and a huge glazed wall through which you can enjoy the views of nature and the sunset, disappearing on the horizon.
Other things to do
Some alternative activities of the Resort are guided fishing (under the rules of “catch and release” taking care not to cause any harm to the fish), archery and ceramic shooting. In addition, you can go hiking in the area, relax in its modern spa, rest in the pools by the lake or enjoy the gym.
Located just 70 minutes from World Disney World, it is a great golf getaway to take on a trip to Orlando and its parks, or other golf attractions like Bay Hill Lodge. To the west, it is combinable with Innisbrook Resort (Palm Harbor, Tampa), the annual venue of the PGA Tour Valpar Championship.
When to travel
Autumn (Sep-Dec) and Spring (Mar-Jun) are the best times of the year to go, since in summer the heat can be very overwhelming. We recommend booking 60 to 90 days in advance.
How to get there
The closest international airports are Tampa (45 minutes) and Orlando (1:15hs). Another option is the Miami Airport, and then drive more or less 3:30hs.