Developed for the most demanding travellers and connoisseurs in the world, Los Cabos offers luxury accommodations, paradise beaches, international cuisine and signature golf course including Tiger Woods’.
Los Cabos (Mexico), is located on the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula, featuring the towns of San José del Cabo (fishing community) and Cabo San Lucas (the tourist community), connected by a 19-mile corridor. Along this main route, we find most of the hotels, resorts and golf courses.
With more than a dozen championship courses and more on the way, Los Cabos is a big-time golf destination. Featuring top designer signature courses by: Nicklaus, Norman, Fazio, Love III, and even Tiger Woods (creator of The Cardonal in The Diamond).
Play golf overlooking the Pacific with expansive panoramic views of the sea, beautiful beaches, luxurious accommodations and top cuisine offerings, comparable to the Costa del Sol in Spain.
Los Cabos is bound to become the new mecca of golf travelling.
There are excellent public courses playable year round and many private golf courses accessible during the low season (from May to October).
Cabo del Sol (Ocean)
- This 1994 Jack Nicklaus creation, is also known as the “Pebble Beach” of Baja California. A thrilling playing experience enhanced by the stunning beauty of the Baja mountain landscape, the desert and the Sea of Cortéz.
- Stretching for more than a mile along the sea, the Cove Club Golf Course features four ocean-front holes.
- Excellent course conditions and service.
- This club is also home to Cabo del Sol Desert Course, designed by Tom Weiskopf—the master of desert golf. This course blends breathtaking scenery, challenge, and beautiful ocean views from every hole.
Quivira Golf Club
- A world-class Jack Nicklaus Signature design with dazzling views and breathtaking drops from the tee to the fairway. Open to the public since December 2014.
- It has 3 fully equipped “comfort stations”, the first, by the driving range, has snacks, fruit and refrigerated beverages, perfect for getting a little something to start off, also a cliffside station by fifth tee with scenic views anda rotating Mexican food menu. Last station also offers margaritas and tequila!
Diamante “El Cardonal”
- In 2014, Diamante opened up Tiger Woods’ first golf course design—El Cardonal., featuring long-range views of the Pacific Ocean, mature vegetation, native dunes and a challenging layout “to make golfers think and make choices” says Tiger Woods.
- Within Diamante also find Dunes Golf Course, designed by Davis Love III in 2010.
- Consider taking some golf lessons at the Diamante Golf Academy powered by Mitchell Spearman; voted by his peers as one of Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers in America”.
Palmilla Golf Club (Arroyo/Mountain/Ocean)
- Palmilla is the first Jack Nicklaus Signature design in Latin America, it has 3 courses, with a total of 27 holes. Its layout is furrowed by streams, desert and holes over the sea, which give name to its 3 paths.
- Palmilla Golf Club features a Mexican decor clubhouse, on-site golf shop and an expert staff to help provide you with superior customer service.
- Stay at the One & Only Palmilla luxury resort, with views of the Los Cabos landscape and beachfront access to one of the few swimmable beaches in the entire region.
Other recommended golf courses
Cabo Real, Puerto Los Cabos y Club Campestre. Y las privadas Diamante (Dunes) y Querencia.
Other things to do
Los Cabos is much more than a golf destination. It is an unforgettable experience filled with activities and attractions for the whole family.
In addition to being a great destination for diving, kayaking, sailing, surfing, windsurfing or swimming with dolphins; it also offers tours to the desert and horseback riding. Fancy fishing? Go Marlin fishing on the high seas. During the migration season, enjoy whale watching tours.
Gastronomic events -such as "Sabor a Cabo" - or sporting events -such as the Surf World Cup- complete a permanent offer of attractions throughout the year, difficult to match by other destinations.
Where to stay
Luxurious Golf Resorts, hotels, million dollar mansions, houses; choose your lodging of desire according to your travel plan and budget. Within Los Cabos, San José del Cabo is a more family vacation location, while Cabo San Lucas and its marina offer a variety of great quality dinning options and bars to enjoy at night.
Time to book
Book two months in advance, if you are travelling during high season months (December to March) give some extra time for planning and booking.
When to travel
Travel year round to Los Cabos, its dry climate is great for golfing. Between August and September you have to be careful, since these are the hurricane season months.
How to get there
Several cities in the USA, such as Houston, Atlanta and Dallas FW, have direct flights. If you are travelling through other cities, we recommend connecting via Mexico City.