Liverpool 2023 (Jul 23)
July 16th to 24th
After nine years, in 2023 the oldest major returns to the city of Liverpool, site of the historic victory of Argentine Roberto De Vicenzo in 1967. The last two champions there were Tiger Woods (2006) and Rory McIlroy (2014).
Being part of this program will be a unique experience. Stay in Liverpool and compete in a four-round tournament at Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, Formby and Hillside during the most important week in the annual golf calendar.
- Sun 16: Check-in at hotel Innside by Meliá - Liverpool
- Mon 17: Golf at Formby Golf Club
- Tue 18: Free day
- Wed 19 : Golf at Royal Birkdale Golf Club
- Thu 20: Golf at Royal Lytham & St Annes GC
- Fri 21: Free day
- Sat 22: Golf at Hillside Golf Club
- Sun 23: Free day
- Mon 26: Check-out.
- Hotel Innside by Meliá at Liverpool, England
- 8 nights accomodation with breakfast
- 3 free days
- 4 green fees at Formby GC, Hillside GC, Royal Lytham GC & Royal Birkdale GC.
- 7 Private transfers to Liverpool GC (x3) and golf courses (x4).
- Transfers Airport - Hotel - Airport
- 4 rounds Championship, individual stableford
- Prizes, raffles, awards cocktail
- Wegolf staff on site & online leaderboard.
NOT included: Air Tickets
- EUR 4.887 per golfer sharing a double room
- EUR 5.697 per golfer in a single room
- EUR 2.657 no golfer sharing a double room.
- Individual competition of 4 rounds (72 holes), without discard.
- Stableford format, by points.
- By categories that will be adjusted at the end of the field.
- Leaders will be regrouped together for the final round.
- Daily best score by category awards.
- Awards to the winners and runner-up per category and raffles.
It is one of the classic courses on the Lancashire coast. Although somewhat sheltered from the elements by the pine trees that line several of the holes, the course is rough, especially when the wind picks up. Such is the profusion of wildlife and plants in Formby that it has been declared a Site of Special Scientific Interest with the magnificent and fragile dunes as a designated conservation area.
- This spectacular course is a tough golf test with no ocean views but great slopes and challenging sand dunes on both sides. It is one of the clubs in the rotation for both the Open Championship and Women's British Open and it has hosted the Open Championship ten times from 1954 through 2017.
- Winners of the Open at the course include Pádraig Harrington, and Jordan Spieth who defeated Matt Kuchar with his unforgettable shot passing the trucks in the Driving Range.
Royal Lytham & St. Annes Golf Club
Opened in 1886, this course has more than 200 bunkers, firm fairways and some of the most demanding greens in the Open Rota. It's not your typical link as it's not right on the sea and it doesn't have those huge dunes bordering fairways, but it has all the tradition one would expect from a UK course. It has some blind shots (not many) and the great challenge of getting around the cross bunkers from the tee, perhaps the most difficult part.
- Hillside neighbours with Royal Birkdale.
- The layout of the course is balanced in two halves, the front 9 are flatter holes and the back nine go through some of the highest and wildest dunes found anywhere. The back nine are considered to be the best 9 link holes in England.
- Excellent course conditions, fast greens and a landscape that combines forests with dunes, playing at Hillside is a worthwhile experience.
Innside by Meliá - Liverpool
- Located in the heart of the city of Liverpool, just steps from the historic Liver Building and the iconic Albert Dock. With spacious and modern rooms overlooking the River Mersey. It has a rooftop sky bar from which you can see the entire city. Also gym and Wi-Fi
Booking and Cancellation
- The total quota is 32 golfers.
- The reservation is paid 50% at the time of registration, 30% before January 20 and the rest of the balance before March 15, 2023.
- The payment is non-refundable.
- Tickets will be transfered 24 hours before the entranc