In September comes the 2nd edition of the AMÉRICAS TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP IBEROSTAR, the first competition for amateur teams of 4 players in the region. This year in a new destination: Playa del Carmen playing in 3 different courses of one of the best golf destinations in Latin America.
80 amateur golfers from the region will compete in teams of 4 players playing in a mixed modality that was widely accepted in the 1st edition.
The tournament is intended for fans of any level of play and they will stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya in ALL INCLUSIVE.
- Mon 16: Check-in at Iberostar Paraíso Maya or Grand | Welcome cocktail
- Tue 17: R1 - Golf at Iberostar Bávaro Golf Club
- Wed 18: R2 - Golf at Corales Golf Course
- Thu 19: Free Day
- Fri 20: R3 - Golf at El Camaleón (Mayakoba)
- Sat 21: Final Round - El Camaleón (Mayakoba) | Awards Dinner
- Sun 22: Check Out
- Hotel Iberostar Paraíso Maya or Grand
- 6 night accomodation (ALL INCLUSIVE)
- 4 green fees at Iberostar Playa Paraíso GC, PGA Riviera Maya and El Camaleón (Mayakoba)
- Transfers to golf courses (x4).
- 4 rounds Golf Tournament.
- Welcome Cocktail and Award Dinner
- Wegolf staff on site & online leaderboard.
NOT included: Air Tickets, personal expenses, in/out transfers, medical assistance, caddies
- USD 2.597 golfer sharing a double room (Hotel Paraíso Maya)
- USD 3.388 golfer in a single room (Hotel Paraíso Maya)
- USD 3.267 golfer sharing a double room (Hotel Grand Paraíso)
- USD 4.568 golfer in a single room (Hotel Grand Paraíso)
TYPE OF PLAY
During the 4 days of competition, the teams will be divided into two, playing in separate tee times. During the first 3 days of the tournament, each team of 4 players will form a couple that plays fourball and the other two players compete individually. In both cases, stableford (points system). The points obtained from the 3 cards (1 fourball and 2 individual) of the team per day are added. In the first 3 rounds each player is required to play at least one round of fourball and one individual round.
In the final round the tee times will be by score and the 4 players of the team will play individually (always separated into 2 and 2 players) adding the best 3 cards of the team and discarding the worst.
At the end of the 4 days of competition, the team that obtains the most points will be crowned champion of the Americas Teams Championship Iberostar 2024.
Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- This PB Dye design is beautifully carved within the Mayan jungle; it features a hilly terrain with dramatic elevation changes and untraditional hazards like a rock riverbed. With its narrow fairways and undulating greens bordered by deep bunkers, the golf course is considered one of Dye's toughest designs. It hosted Golf Channel’s Big Break and the 2015 Latin America Championship (aka. Campeonato Latinoamericano).
El Camaleón en Mayakoba
Yet another of Greg Norman’s masterworks, El Camaleón Golf Club bends through three distinct landscapes; mangrove jungles, limestone canals and stunning shores. See why PGA TOUR professionals rave about the course every year.
Iberostar Selection Paraíso Maya Suites
- The Iberostar Selection Paraíso Maya Suites hotel is a 5* with everything you need for a perfect stay: living in the Caribbean, also adding the experience of doing so from the heart of the Mayan civilization, one of the most fascinating in pre-Columbian America.
- The hotel has 9 pool areas that include a lazy river to slide like in the rivers of the Mexican jungle, a fun water park with slides and a wave pool
Iberostar Grand Paraíso
Located at the foot of the Caribbean Sea and surrounded by exuberant tropical jungle, the Iberostar Grand Paraíso stands majestically in the Riviera Maya. Synonymous with excellence and exclusivity, this 5* all-inclusive resort offers a luxurious stay in a dream location. Personalized services, haute cuisine (5 themed restaurants and 2 buffets), superior facilities and an unbeatable sports and entertainment offer make it one of the most select hotels in Mexico. It is an adults only hotel.
Other things to do
Enjoy the beaches, go scuba diving or snorkelling in Playa del Carmen, buy local crafts and enjoy the tasty Mexican cuisine. If you are staying at one of the resorts, do not miss the entertainment and activity options they offer.
Amongst the must see attractions to experience are: the cenotes, swimming with “whale sharks”, visiting the archaeological sites of San Miguelito, el Rey and the Temple of the Scorpion Yamil Lu'um, or take a day tour to the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, Coba or Tulum.
Booking and Cancellation
Payment and reservation: 40% at the time of confirming the reservation, the remaining 60% before Wednesday, July 17th
Cancellation Policy: From reservation to July 17: 10% is withheld*, July 18 to 25: 30%*, July 25 onwards there will be no refund, losing 100% of what was paid.
*In all cases it is calculated on the total of the contracted program.
To have all the details of prices, payment method and cancellation policies, please download the summary.