Since 2003 it is first in the ranking of the best resorts in the USA by the renowned Golf Digest magazine. The Resort has three of the top 50 public golf courses in the country, with Pebble Beach Golf Links as its emblem.
The landscapes with the Pacific Ocean on the horizon, the 17-Mile Drive path, the majestic mansions, make Pebble Beach Golf Resort a unique golf destination.
Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Ranked the #1 golf course in the US, host to the US Open and the AT&T National Pro-Am PGA Tour every year. Its impressive layout unfolds along the cliffs of the Pacific, and offers unforgettable shots on all 18 holes.
- Packed with golf memorabilia from the US Open, like Tom Watson's winning shot at the 1982 Open, or Jack Nicklaus at the tee of the 100th Open edition that Tiger Woods won.
Spyglass Hill Golf Course
- Designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones considered the best course in the Resort although it bears less fame than its brother Pebble does. Its unique links layout is a wonderful meeting of sand and trees, and deliberately reminiscent of Augusta National.
- Demanding from the tee, featuring very fast greens with a lot of movement, the course is a true test of golf skills and an opportunity to use every club in the bag.
The Links at Spanish Bay
- Difficult course due to its frequent windy conditions, most compare its playing conditions to courses on the British Isles.
- Ranked among the best public courses in the state of California and the US, it features 14 holes running along the sand dune coastline, and several weaving between towering Monterey Pine forest, where it is common to cross paths with wild deer.
The Inn at Spanish Bay
- Nestled among the majestic pines of Monterey and with a Scottish-style golf course that touches some of the most impressive coastline of the world, The Inn at Spanish Bay is an ideal haven. All rooms have elegant furniture and comfortable and a warm fireplace. Most rooms include a private patio or balcony with magnificent views. Each room has free WIFI, cable TV y luxurious bathrooms with exclusive services.
- A charming setting with lush gardens, cobbled pathways, and mosaic patios.
- This elegant and intimate Mediterranean-style property has 24 private rooms, each one with fireplaces, spacious tubs, and sumptuous beds.
Other things to do
A piper shows up at the Inn at Spanish Bay approximately 30 minutes before sunset. It starts at the # 1 tee of Spanish Bay and heads towards the fire pit of the loby´s lounge. There is a large patio overlooking the ocean and seating is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Forbes Five Star Spa
Steam room, sauna, hot tub, showers, and vanity areas. There is also a spacious and relaxing conservatory with large fire pits that invite you to enjoy.
Select wines and beers, a special menu and cheese plates. And more than 200 wines to buy by the bottle.
Hiking and biking
Inside the Del Monte forest there are more than 26 miles of trails. Ask the concierge for a hiking map or bike rental.
When to travel
The best time to travel to this destination is from July to September, with a pleasant climate and little rainfall. We recommend booking 60 to 90 days in advance.
How to get there
Monterrey has a regional airport to which direct flights from Buenos Aires do not arrive. The flights are usually with 2 stops. Best option is flying to San Francisco and then drive 1:45 hours to Monterrey. The other nearby airport is Los Angeles, but it is 5 hours away by car.