The Sea Pines Resort
A classic stop on the PGA Tour
Opened more than 50 years ago, to this day it remains a symbol of rest and a traditional and peaceful holiday.
This resort is located south of Hilton Head Island, across 2,200 acres overlooking the ocean, and features three 18-hole courses.
Just 10 minutes from the famous Harbor Town Lighthouse, which has the heritage of the PGA Tour, it is a town where finding a good place to eat and drink is not difficult at all.
Harbour Town Golf Links
- One of the most famous courses of the PGA Tour, and considered one of the best in the United States, designed by the legendary Pete Dye and Jack Nicklaus.
- A clear example where elegance and imagination are more important than strength. A short course by today's Tour standard, but its difficulty lies in its small greens and narrow fairways.
- Also a Pete Dye design that was rebuilt in 2007. It has a maximum length of 7,035 yards, but each hole has seven tee-offs for different levels of play. There is a good distribution of long and short holes, and many of them pose risk-reward situations.
- It is a reconstruction of the Ocean Course, the first golf course in Hilton Head
- Davis Love III perfectly used the natural dunes of the terrain for the design of its holes. In addition, thousands of native plants have been planted to generate that typical coastal feeling of the place.
There are two possibilities to stay at this Resort: the first is in The Inn & Club at Harbor Town, a luxury boutique hotel with guest rooms or suites and the other is in luxury houses with capacity for two to 12 people.
Other things to do
In Harbor Town we can find decoration boutiques, unique art galleries, a shopping mall with renowned brands and exceptional jewelers. Recreational water activities are the hallmark of this town. Among them are group or private fishing trips, kayak or boat tours, parasailing, stand-up paddle and water ski.
When to travel
The best time to travel to South Carolina is between June and September, since they are the mildest months. We recommend booking 60 to 90 days in advance.
How to get there
Flights to this destination are usually with stopovers if traveling from Latin America. We recommend going to the Savannah / Hilton Head International Airport, which is 65 km away from The Sea Pines Resort.