La Quinta Resort & Club
First class golf in the Desert
A Resort that belongs to the Waldorf Astoria, located in the desert, under the beautiful Santa Rosa mountains, with a rustic and traditional style. Opened in 1926, it was the first hotel with a 9-hole course in the area in which it is located. This Resort has 796 rooms and offers 5 championship golf courses, of which four were designed by Pete Dye.
With restaurants that offer from the most traditional dishes of North American cuisine to an authentic experience of Mexican cuisine. This resort also features an award-winning spa and 41 pools.
The Stadium Course at PGA West
- Designed by Pete Dye, Home of the American Express, one of the PGA Tour's West Coast swing stops. The last two holes are really intimidating: the 17th - called "Alcatraz" is an island green - and the 18th is a really difficult par 4 where several players squandered the possibility of winning.
PGA West Jack Nicklaus Tournament Course
- Around every corner you will find a new challenge including the rare feature of two island greens. It is very tolerant from the start, but extremely demanding with its greens. A "must play" for being a great test of golf, and for its magnificent desert environment.
PGA West Greg Norman Course
- Designed by Greg Norman, described as "very difficult, but fair." With just 68 acres of incredible design, 102 bunkers, and the deep blue water that comes into play on 9 holes, this 7,200-yard course offers a true "indoor" experience it makes you want to come back again and again.
- High peaks and challenging game play characterize the experience of this ultra-challenging course located at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains and featuring bunkers and rock formations, as well as incredible elevations of tees and greens with various bunkers.
- This par 72 course offers a “Rolling-links” style reminiscent of traditional Scottish and Irish styles. With well-groomed fairways and thick rough, length, strength and delicacy are key to achieving a good score.
From cozy houses that feature a private patio and pool access to spacious villas, all rooms are surrounded by lush gardens, spectacular pools and waterfalls.
Villas & Suites
For those who prefer more spacious accommodation, this resort offers Villas and Suites with fireplace, private patio, separate living room and jacuzzi.
Other things to do
La Quinta Resort & Club offers activities such as yoga, tennis, swimming pools, a gym, bike rental and hiking trails. The resort also has its own shopping center with small boutiques.
Outside the Resort and just a few minutes away is the Joshua Tree National Park, the Coachella Valley and other natural attractions typical of this place.
When to travel
With a pleasant climate all year round, June and July are the hottest months, with temperatures of up to 38 degrees. We recommend booking 60 to 90 days in advance.
How to get there
La Quinta is located 2.50 hours (230 kms) from LAX, the most important airport in the region.