Since 2006, with the arrival of Golf Channel Latin America, we have carried out this unprecedented international competitive experience, which gives viewers in the region the possibility of living a unique experience and starring on the screen through television coverage. Since then it has been positioning itself as an aspirational event for players, but also for Caribbean Resorts, which make significant efforts to host it.
In the recent years, with the arrival of Wegolf as an exclusive agency, and the great support of some regional federations (such as the AAG in Argentina, or the Paulista Federation in Brazil), the Championship has experienced significant growth, exhausting its latest editions, and Consolidating itself as THE EVENT of which every golfer - who enjoys the competition - wishes to participate. In 2019 (in Tulum, Mexico), more than 200 people and amateur golfers from 12 countries competed for the Nations Cup, in teams of friends representing their clubs, or measured individually hand in hand with the best on the continent.
In 2024, for the XVI edition, the Championship will be held at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas. The prestigious golf resort, ranked as the number one in the Caribbean, where three editions of the Latin America Amateur Championship (LAAC) have been played, will host the biggest amateur championship in the region for the first time.
The competition will take place on two of the resort's courses, with the first two rounds played at Dye Fore and the final round at Teeth Of The Dog, two gems designed by Pete Dye.
- Day 1 - Mon 7th: Check in
- Day 2 - Tue 8th: Practice Round at Dye Fore | Welcome cockatil. Presentation of official delegations
- Day 3 - Wed 09th : 1st Round at Dye Fore
- Day 4 - Thu 10th: 2nd Round at Dye Fore
- Day 5 - Fri 11th: Final Round at Teeth Of The Dog | Farewell prize-giving dinner
- Day 6 - Sat 12th: Check out
- 5 nights of accommodation in a Superior or Elite Room at Casa de Campo
- All meals - Full Board Mode
- Welcome Kit: Event official polo shirt and cap
- 3 rounds of golf at Dye Fore + 1 round at Teeth Of The Dog
- Golf carts and Driving Range
- Opening Cocktail and Awards Dinner
- Opportunity for a replay after each round
Not included: Air Tickets, personal expenses, medical assistance, Forecaddie (mandatory on both courses), Airport - Hotel - Airport transfer.
- USD 2.588 per goflfer sharing a double room (Superior Room)
- USD 3.236 per golfer in a single room (Superior Room)
- USD 2.787 per goflfer sharing a double room (Elite Room)
- USD 3.594 per golfer in a single room (Elite Room)
PRE-SALE Benefit: By paying 50% before December 7th, you can access an additional round of golf at Teeth Of The Dog for an extra cost of USD 90.
Open Individual Competition
Scratch Category: all golfers participate with equal chances.
Categories with Handicap: individual by categories, in 54 hole Medal Play format. "CAT A" (0 to 9) / "CAT B" (10 to 16) / "CAT C" (17 to 25) in stableford mode -subject to availability - "Seniors" (over 50) NET competition by categories and "Ladies" up to 25 of Hcp.
12 Latin American countries, selected by their federations in previous national finals, register their 4-player teams, allowing you to experience the honor of representing your country with one member from each category.
- Designed by Pete Dye, this is Casa de Campo's resort second course.
- This 27-hole golf course has 9 scenic cliff-side holes overlooking the Chavón River, and the Marinas on the Caribbean sea.
- The challenging 7,714yds from the black tees offer a good adventure for low handicap players looking for a thrill.
Teeth of the Dog
- Ranked the #1 golf course in the Caribbean and #27 in the world, located in Casa de Campo. This golf course in paradise should be on every golfer’s bucket list.
- It is one of the most famous Pete Dye designs, who also made: TPC Sawgrass Stadium, Kiawah Island and Harbour Town, among others.
- Meticulously hand-carved from the rugged rocks and corals of the Dominican coast, it features 7 of the best holes by the sea in the world.
- Multiple venue for the Latin American Amateur Championship.
The elegant interior design combines history and tradition with contemporary style. The added interior space is significant, including larger bathrooms with showers and a spacious walk-in closet. These rooms also feature amenities such as espresso machines and, of course, a fully stocked minibar.
- Offer spacious accommodation in the first or second floor with a king bed and a sofa bed, ideal for families. The relaxing decor is inspired by the stunning natural environment and the rich mahogany and coral stone creates a feeling of harmony. The private terrace displays beautiful garden views from your elegant oasis.
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2023
Argentina achieved its 5th title after a tight competition with Brazil. With outstanding performances by Sebastián Pugawko and Morena Tesoniero in the final round, the Argentine team managed to accumulate 207 strokes to conclude the competition with a total of 630 strokes. Tomás Migliora and Mía Yaya completed the team, with Mía Yaya becoming the Latin American champion for the 2nd time.See results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2022
With a great performance on the last day and coming from behind, México achieved its 6th Latin American Championship.
The team made up of Gerardo Colón, Luis Noval, Isaac Salmun and Juan Efren De Urquijo finished with a total of 676 strokes, to gain an advantage of only 2 strokes over Brazil. Third place went to the Argentine teamSee results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2021
After the suspension of the 2020 edition due to the pandemic, Argentina achieved its 4th title in the Campeonato Latinoamericano in a tightly contested edition with its immediate pursuer and the all-time winner of the Championship, Mexico.
The Argentine team was composed of Mía Yaya, Sebastián Pugawko, Federico Carbonara, and Viviana Laurente in this occasion.See results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2019
Mexico secured its 5th Nations Cup with a team composed of Luis Ruiz, Mario Olmos, Jesus Gonzalez, and Miguel Vazquez. The local team achieved a 22-stroke lead over Brazil, their closest pursuer. Paraguay secured the third position, just one stroke behind Brazil.See results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2018
With 649 strokes and only an 8-stroke difference from Mexico, the Argentine team achieved its third Campeonato Latinoamericano in a closely contested final round. The Argentine team on this occasion was composed of Manuel Vidal Alemán, Darío Vitor, Lucas Cobo, and Facundo Romero Reyna.See results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2017
The Argentine team composed of Santiago Lanz, Mariano Olcese, Federico Ferrari, and Adrián Chalin conquered the 10th edition of the Latin American Golf Championship with a total of 667 strokes. Second place went to Brazil, and Paraguay, the defending champion from 2016, finished in third place.See results
Campeonato Latinoamericano 2016
The Paraguayan team concluded the tournament with 883 strokes and secured their second victory (previously in 2011 and 2016) in the Latin American Championship. With three days of closely contested play and their two scratch players performing at a high level, Paraguay won by a margin of 3 strokes over the home team from the Dominican Republic.See results
Other things to do
Altos de Chavón
It is a replica of a 16th century Mediterranean town in the heart of the Dominican Republic. Meticulously designed by the Dominican architect José Antonio Caro, and the expert Italian designer and cinematographer Roberto Coppa. The town has an archaeological museum, the Church of San Estanislao, a 5,000-seat amphitheater, and captivating views of the Chavón River and the Caribbean Sea.
It's conveniently located right in the middle of everything, so you don't have to walk too far to enjoy some sun and sand. There is a wide variety of water sports such as snorkeling, pedaling and kayaking, to enjoying a relaxing massage in the open-air pavilion.
Inspired by the picturesque villages that dot the Mediterranean coast, La Marina is much more than just a place to walk; It is a community for sport fishermen, yachtsmen and freshwater sailors.
It is the perfect place to relax and reestablish your body and mind. They use Ayurvedic techniques and local organic ingredients to detoxify, regenerate and renew.
Booking and Cancellation
Payment and Reservation: 50% at the time of confirming the reservation, the remaining 50% before Thursday, August 29th.
Cancellation Policy: From booking until july 29th: 10%. From August 30th to august 5th: 30%. From august 6th onwards, there will be no refund, and 100% of the amount paid will be forfeited. In all cases, this is calculated based on the total program cost.
For all pricing details, payment methods, and cancellation policies, please download the summary.